How To Tell If Someone If Lying
Want to know when someone is lying? Here are tell-signs you should watch out for.
- Rapid changes of head position
- Changes in breathing pattern
- Conscious attempts to stand or sit very still
- Repetition of words and phrases
- Divulging of too much information
- Touching or covering of the nose and mouth
- Instinctive covering of body parts such as the throat, chest, head abdomen etc.
- Shuffling of the feet
- Difficulty in speaking
- Staring without blinking
- Excessive finger pointing at the questioner
The above are all common signs that someone isn’t being completely honest with you. However, these actions can be done innocently. This is why a lie detector test is still the best way to determine honesty, especially when the stakes are high. A lie detector in the hands of a trained examiner is a great way to dig deeper into important questions that need to be answered.